Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Professor Ali Muhammad Sharif - 1

It was in the final stage of Quranic competitions - English translation of Holy Quran - that I first met him.
Arak Azad University- 27 December1993

He looked like a messenger from heaven for me. His face, appearance, calmness, peace and mainly the way he was speaking and reciting verses from holy Quran influenced almost every body in the session.

I nearly forgot the competition and didn't care about it any more. I thought this is a turning point in my life and didn't care if I can get more points to be among the first three, recieving prizes. Tears were coming and I couldn't help.

He could speak in more than 14 languages and had studied in Iraq , Lebanon and Egypt and was an expert in Quranic sciences and other religions.

The competition finished and I went to him. I asked a few questions and he answered them with patience.I thought I had found the teacher I was looking for a long time.
Talking to him and getting guidance and lessons from him could really change my life and forward me as much as I even couldn't believe before.

He was Professor Ali Muhammad Sharif and leaving me in the deepest sorrow and everlasting sadness, departed this life 2 weeks later.(God bless him)

I will write more about him shortly.

12 January 2005 - Kish







No comments: